Export Sales Manager
Established in the Hunter Valley 1858 and still 100% family-owned, Tyrrell’s Wines is one of Australia’s most acclaimed family-owned wine producers and a foundation member of Australia’s First Families of Wine. Tyrrell’s diverse wine range includes several iconic Australian classics which have achieved world wide acclaim and are at the forefront of Australian wine’s international reputation.
An rare opportunity has arisen for an experienced Export Sales Manager to lead the company’s world-wide sales growth. The role reports to the MD, Bruce Tyrrell, but carries a high degree of autonomy with account management, sales, budgetary and profit responsibility for the company’s brands in all key export akets territory. This call for a creative, self-motivated and resilient individual who will enjoy communicating the personality and values behind this great Australian brand to the world’s diverse and dynamic fine wine markets.
Based in Tyrrell’s Sydney Sales Office, and reporting to the MD, the role’s key export responsibilities will include:
- Planning, executing and monitoring sales and marketing activities in all export markets.
- Identify and develop new sales opportunities in key export markets.
- Liaise with relevant distributors, trade organizations and industry groups.
- Develop strong relationships at all points in the sales chain. Regular travel to major markets to drive sales.
- Participation in export-related trade events.
- Provide effective customer service activities for export customers.
The successful applicant will certainly require:
- 5 years experience in the wine business with proven sales experience, backed by excellent knowledge of international wine styles.
- Strong written and verbal presentation and negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in a range of business and cultural environments
- A good command of all relevant IT skills including remote visual communication technology.
- A university degree; the ability to work independently as necessary.
- A willingness to travel overseas for 2-3 months annually.
Export market experience, particularly in Asian markets, and proficiency in a second language would be desirable.
The position will be remunerated with an attractive salary package, including superannuation, a car allowance and other company benefits. For further information or to apply in confidence please send a letter of application and your current CV to Chris Anstee via this website.