Mr Black Spirits Seeks Operations Manager
About Mr Black:
- The best coffee spirit in the world – we changed the game by bringing craft coffee into the night
- Made in Australia, enjoyed here at home and across the US, the UK, Europe, Japan and South East Asia
- Sales are doubling year-on-year – we’re growing fast, and proud to be the biggest selling Australian spirit in the US
- We’re loved by the world’s top bars and bartenders – we’re stocked and in cocktails at the majority of the World’s Top 50 Bars
- We’re easy to drink and sell well to drinkers who enjoy us at home, with great sales at Dan Murphy’s, BWS, BevMo (USA), Astor Wines (New York), Sainsbury’s (UK) and Amazon (UK).
- About to build our own dedicated production facility in the Hunter Valley to make more Mr Black at a better margin.
The Operations Manager is responsible for coordinating and planning daily operations of the new Production Facility in Pokolbin/Cessnock, while also overseeing inventory, distribution of products and creating a safe and efficient working environment for the production team. This is a dynamic, team environment of individual dedicated to producing a product which is internationally acclaimed and distributed.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Close relationship with the COO and CEO, Logistics & Procurement Manager and Internal Accountant
- Close relationship with Head of Coffee, Assistant Distiller and wider production team
- Point of contact for all ingredient and packaging suppliers
- Point of contact for all production partners
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Responsible for the overall delivery of production targets to ensure adherence with the company’s 5 year term strategic plan.
- Set and meeting targets for output, quality standards, costs, procurement, safety and continuous improvement.
- Oversight of COGS, looking for efficiencies now and as we scale
- Lead the further development of a culture of continuous improvement in all distillery management systems, including those in production COGS, quality, packaging, procurement, OH&S, ATO, and IT.
- Lead initiatives to ensure we are prepared for our output of finished products to scale 5x over the next 36 months, including an assessment of risk areas and a comprehensive mitigation plan for those risks.
- Oversee the project of establishing our new production facility. Whilst much of the planning for this is complete, successful implementation of the plan is vital for us to meet our margin & capacity targets and to be able to meet the growing global demand for Mr Black. You will take a leadership role in doing this.
Supply Chain, Logistics & 3PL
- Aiming to reduce transport costs, optimising inbound and outbound international freight networks
- Standardise and implement common processes and procedures between our transport network, DCs and 3PL Operations teams
The successful applicant will be offered a an attractive remuneration package and the benefits of working in a motivated team environment.